Pages


Monday, March 29, 2010

The Weekend




Well I am back
I really didn't do much on the weekend. I missed a wicked kilt in Stratford Ontario, but it was important for me to stay home.
Anyways Sunday I went to Orangeville to their Maple Syrup festival I have never gone to anything like this so it sounded like a great idea , it was fun I went kilted of course in a beautiful 6yrd Graham of Meneith tartan made by Canadian Casual Kilts( built by for me )
and to keep me nice and toasty I wore my Hawick kilt hose (made in Scotland) , they are so nice and warm to wear . I learned alot about maple syrup and its history but the weather was not cooperating so we made our way home .
In the evening I was working on a couple of kilts for Gord Taylor of the Real McKenzies, he is an amazing bagpiper , actually Gord has written three book on his compositions of pipe music and I was lucky enough to get all three book signed by , the other is for Darcy Furness of the Glengarry Bhoys a great Canadian celtic group one of my closest friends is their piper Ewan Brown . This went on till about 12:30 am and I had to go to bed .
My day job is working as an education assistant in a Developmental Classroom so Monday came fast.
Presently waiting to eat then go to work on a few more kilts, an organize myself for the summer festival season
Here's a couple of pics

No comments:

Post a Comment